Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

Hi,

John Goerzen wrote:
> > > blackholes.  I submit a bug, and never hear anything from Debian
> > > maintainers
> > > except for periodic triage stuff when a new upstream comes out.
> >
> > Sorry, that's not fair at all.
>
> The two bugs I see in src:openoffice.org with my name on them are:
>
> #420647, hanging in calc, which I confirmed was a Debian problem because I
> could not reproduce it with OOo builds on the same machine, and also had
> another person see it

But you didn not a file - contrary to what you promised.

Which was reported against a version not anywhere anymore :/

Uhm, 420647 had a comment from upstream. But now that I look over the bug again, it was just sent to nnnn@bugs, which of course do not reach you...

> Which is no longer practical, because we may no longer have the files
> around
> or know what they were, the impacted users may no longer be with the
> company, etc.  I would have been happy to provide maintainers with
> whatever
> info was needed when the bug was reported and it was actively being looked

So you want to say with that that you can't test with 2.4 whether those ones are fixed?

> at here, but almost a year later with no non-automated correspondence
> isn't
> a good thing.

I agree. But the baby has already fallen into the fountain as we say in Germany..

Regards,

Rene