Re: How to cope with patches sanely

Am Donnerstag, den 31.01.2008, 16:45 +0200 schrieb Riku Voipio:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 07:38:01PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 30.01.2008, 12:31 -0500 schrieb Joey Hess:
> > > Because disk space is so much cheaper than your time that I can't even
> > > find the adjectives to describe how much cheaper it is?
>
> > My current workflow is fast enough.
>
> ..For your own packages. It's still a burden for you when you NMU other
> peoples packages or when people NMU your packages.

The workflow we were discussing (put everything into VCS or not) is IMO
not related to NMUs. To make a NMU, you get the source via apt-get
source. I don't think, anybody will use debcheckout or manipulate the
maintainers VCS. I never saw such a case. Is it common practice for
someone?

PS: Please do not send me CCs.

Regards, Daniel