Re: How to cope with patches sanely (Was: State of the project - input needed)

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 04:34:27PM +0000, David Nusinow wrote:
> If we can't figure out a good and clean way to keep a large stack of
> long-lived patches in the vcs then I firmly believe we should standardize
> on quilt.

  Seconded. I'd add, that in fact we should standardize on quilt as an
exchange format for patches, because it's simple, and that there are
powerful tools to handle them. Basically you have almost the same power
in quilt that in many SCMs when it comes to patch reordering or
amending. I personally find git-rebase more appealing than quilt
UI-wise, but both provide the same amount of features and helpers to
avoid to shoot yourself in the foot.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit