Re: How to deal with bugs from removed packages?

On 25/01/2008, Frank Küster wrote:
> I don't think these bugs should be closed without considering the type
> of the removed package. If it's just gotten useless or uninteresting,
> no problem. But if there's some kind of successor (like foo2 in a new
> source package, iceweasel to firefox, or TeXLive to teTeX) then the
> maintainer should check whether the old bug still applies to the new
> package.

Speaking of which, would it make sense somehow to track these
successors? One might think of an additional source field for the
control file. I know it's quite easy to remember firefox -> iceweasel,
but that might help tracking successors over years, even if they aren't
as famous as that one.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois