Re: How to deal with bugs from removed packages?

* Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2008-01-25 16:05]:
> I don't think these bugs should be closed without considering the
> type of the removed package. If it's just gotten useless or
> uninteresting, no problem. But if there's some kind of successor
> (like foo2 in a new source package, iceweasel to firefox, or TeXLive
> to teTeX) then the maintainer should check whether the old bug still
> applies to the new package.

That's exactly what I used to do.  This is a reason why I'm against
totally automating the bug closure of removed packages, but clearly we
need some kind of tool to help with the task.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/