Re: How to deal with bugs from removed packages?

Martin Michlmayr <tbm <at> cyrius.com> writes:

> In
> the past, I closed all bug reports from packages that were removed.
> Some people were unhappy about this but it was the best solution we
> had.  This changed with the introduction of version tracking.  The
> idea now is to close them with a fake version number that is higher
> than the version that was removed (maybe something like version+removed).

I don't think these bugs should be closed without considering the type of the
removed package. If it's just gotten useless or uninteresting, no problem. But
if there's some kind of successor (like foo2 in a new source package, iceweasel
to firefox, or TeXLive to teTeX) then the maintainer should check whether the
old bug still applies to the new package.

Regards, Frank