Re: gnome 1.x removal

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 17:02 +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 11:35:54AM -0500, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > So please, let these maintainers choose, rather than ordering them
> > about.  It is *they* who are in a position to decide whether maintaining
> > gnome 1.x is worth it.  Of course, it will also be up to them to do the
> > maintenance.
> >

> gnome-libs has now been orphaned for more than a year. I would have
> expected it to have been picked up by now.

I wouldn't.  I don't keep tabs on every package that my packages depend
on.  One of them could be orphaned and I would never know.

> > Most?  Really?  Wow, I'm impressed.  Are you sure?  People said this the
> > last time around, and they forgot gnucash.  How about we let these
> > maintainers make that determination rather than you making it for them?
> >
> Do you know of any specific examples that would cause a problem?

No; I haven't investigated it.  That's why I am asking to let those
maintainers decide.  Thinking up yet one more way to make the decision
without involving them seems like a poor strategy.  There is no need for
me to figure out whether there is a specific example or not.  Instead,
just tell the maintainers, and give them the option.

Thomas
-