Re: electronics-menu REJECTED (discussion)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

Err, like you did already for games, as you said. I see in the
standard GNOME gnome-applications.menu.

It appears that the Technical menu should include at least;
- Science
- Engineering
- Math
- HamRadio
- Electronics

And here we have good chances for a flame because I as a user would
not expect Science and Math under a main menu "Technical".  I'd rather
see "Science" as a main menu entry and find "Math" below this.  I
do not say that my point of view is correct but there is no "correct"
location for the sections and it mainly depends from users view where
he might search for certain topics.  That's my arguing for grouping
users according to their views and care for them in sub projects
were you are able to do reasonable guessings where a user would
suspect certain applications.  This was one sense for the Debian-Med
project because every user of this project will definitely enter
the "Med" main menu and can easily proceed from there.  For these
users the "Technical" menu section would be of low use.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de