Re: old bugs are still shown on the bugs page

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 08:06:58PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Michael Banck wrote:
> > > D'oh, that's a known bug in dak which does not generate Packages.gz
> > > for d-i/hurd-i386 [1]; I've been told it's low priority.  I suggest
> > > you prod the ftp-masters to get this fixed.
> >
> > I suggest that is the porter's job.
>
> I reported it, yes.

I'll interpret that as "I've reported it again today". Thanks.

And maybe the ftp-masters will also just pick up on this thread. I hope
they'll agree that having completely wrong info on BTS pages is enough
reason to fix this. It really is a very annoying inconvenience for the
D-I team that old bugs don't disappear like they should.

> > > base-installer is uptodate on hurd-i386,
> >
> > That's not what the buildd pages tell me [1]:
> > hurd-i386  1.86  Needs-Build (1122)  23d 10:34  unknown:out-of-date
> > debian-installer  no log
> >
> > Or is this another example of incomplete support of hurd-i386?
>
> Yes, the wanna-build admins decided to drop hurd-i386 from
> buildd.debian.org a couple of years ago.  Use
> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/ for that.

Hmmm. Let's CC Jeroen on this. The stale info there is the main reason why
I concluded that the BTS problem was due to hurd-i386 not keeping up. My
apologies for drawing the wrong conclusion.

Jeroen:
Apparently the info for hurd-i386 is completely stale as that arch was
removed from wanna-build. This results in incorrect info like [1].
Could you perhaps filter out hurd-i386 so at least others are not confused
like I was? Or maybe you know a better solution.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=base-installer