Packages with httpd needs

Dear list,

as I do not know, where to write, as there is no debian-packages, I will try
it here.

Well, I wondered, whenever an application needs a http-demon (for example
phpgroupware, egroupware, prelude and many others), all packages force to
install apache. There is no way, to get rid of this. As we say "Small is
beautifull" or "KISS = Keep it simple stupid" , IMO there is no need, to
install mighty apache ! A simple http  demon (I prefer thttpd) would do the
same but would be more secure.

So it would be nice, if all maintainers could build the packages, with an "OR"
opoortunity like "recommended apache or thttpd or whatevereslse" , so the
user could choose, which http-demon he would like to use.

Doing so, this would be another step to security.

I would be pleased, if this input will be discussed among the developers or
those, who build packages.

Thank you for reading this mail !

Cheers

Hans