Re: Packages with httpd needs

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:24:59PM +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> Well, I wondered, whenever an application needs a http-demon (for example
> phpgroupware, egroupware, prelude and many others), all packages force to
> install apache. There is no way, to get rid of this. As we say "Small is
> beautifull" or "KISS = Keep it simple stupid" , IMO there is no need, to
> install mighty apache ! A simple http  demon (I prefer thttpd) would do the
> same but would be more secure.
>
> So it would be nice, if all maintainers could build the packages, with an "OR"
> opoortunity like "recommended apache or thttpd or whatevereslse" , so the
> user could choose, which http-demon he would like to use.

For horde3 package, apache2 is installed by default when you
"apt-get install horde3". But we have a dependency with the
virtual package httpd and you can use another HTTP daemon. For
example : "apt-get install horde3 lighttpd php5-cgi".

Regards,
--
Gregory Colpart <reg@evolix.fr>  GnuPG:1024D/C1027A0E
Evolix - Informatique et Logiciels Libres http://www.evolix.fr/