Re: About dpkg-shlibdeps checks

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Hector Oron wrote:
> > Until dpkg-shlibdeps has been modified to support natively cross-build,
> > you'll have to indicate him where to find libraries for other
> > architectures with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/arm-linux-gnu/lib/ or similar.
>
> Thanks, it look like it somehow worked, but then i'm missing another library...
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: couldn't find library libm.so.6 (note: only
> packages with 'shlibs' files are looked into).
> dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512

Is that library available in the arch-specific tree ? You might also want
to use "-v" with dpkg-shlibdeps to check where it finds the libs and so on.

You might have to indicate multipe paths in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/arm-linux-gnu/lib/:/usr/arm-linux-gnu/lib/

> But i still have some questions on this matter.
> Should i take this as a mid-time hack until dpkg-shlibdeps supports
> cross-build? When is that to happen (approx)?

I don't know when it'll support cross-build properly. In theory it's not
too difficult to do, it's mainly patching Dpkg::Shlibs to use different
paths when in cross-build situation and cross-build can be easily detected
with Dpkg::Arch (when get_build_arch() != get_host_arch()).

If someones comes up with a tested patch, it can go in quickly.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog