Re: volatile.debian.org: Does Debian still support it?

2007/9/29, Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org>:
> I just downloaded the source package for libdatetime-timezone-perl, and
> I don't see the Olson database in there anywhere.  Where is it?  It
> looks to me as though you aren't shipping the real source for your
> package, neither directly nor via Build-Depends.  Perhaps your upstream
> isn't shipping it either, but that isn't an excuse.

Even upstream don't ship the Olson database. I'm not conviced that we
should ship Olson database. It makes a packaging more complicated and
in result we will ship different Perl modules than upstream version.

The Olson database is public domain and it doesn't require to be
distributed as "real" source. I.e. ICU C++ library also doesn't ship
Olson database as its original format and it is stored as precompiled
C++ source files.

--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki
: :' :    mailto:Piotr.Roszatycki@gmail.com