Re: AM status for Krystian Wlosek?

Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> Why just new maintainers are checked so precisely? The old Debian

Because the old Debian developers should have been checked already.

> developers also can make a threat for Debian Project. It's logical,

Yeah, off course *can* they do this. But it is impossible to check
everyone who ever passed  a NM-test on a regular basis. You see that it
is already a *big* job to check new applicants which shouldn't be more
then eventual 100 per month, how should that be if you wanted to check
1000 developers on a regular basis? So all you *can* do is check it when
they apply to become a developer.

> that everybody should be checked, especially the old developers which
> didn't be check so paranoid in the past.

I got the point, but you cannot argue against a good practice in the
current by mistakes made in the past. I agree that it might be good to
checkout who were checked more loosely and check if this maintainer is
still active, if his contributions are of a good quality, etc. But I
think that this will not make things better, so it is eventually
pointless, while you can avoid a lot by checking new applicants proper.

> I hope you see the absurdity in this procedure...

Nope. Not that clear.

Regards,

Patrick