Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:03:00 +0930, Karl Goetz
<kamping_kaiser@internode.on.net> said:

> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 20:45 +0200, Roland Mas wrote:

>> How do we know the difference?  The criterion is known as the NM
>> process.  It's open to all.

> NM.  Does this mean only packaging counts as "concrete actions"?

        Not only packagers can go though NM. It is a measure of
 commitment to the ideals and foundation documents of the
 project, as much as it is a test of skills and patience.

> If packaging is the only 'concrete action' accepted, the idea that
> users get a say *is* a joke.

        Users do not get a say in deciding how I spend my free time,
 no.  They can let me know what they wish (that is what wishlist bugs
 are for, no?), and I pay attention to what they want, and what is good
 for them, but I do not ask "how high?" when users say "Jump!"

        manoj
--
Fascinating, a totally parochial attitude. Spock, "Metamorphosis",
stardate 3219.8