Re: Bugfix/hardware support updates to stable releases?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 09:02:32PM -0400, Tim Hull wrote:

>     There are plans for an "etch + 1/2" release which would update the
>     kernel and X server to support newer hardware.  I don't what the status
>     or timetable for this is.\
>

> This would be great.  I'm curious who is working on it...

There was a BOF about it at debconf this year where we discussed a lot of
the details. The video of that BOF is located at [0]. I haven't heard
anything about it since then though.

 - David Nusinow

[0] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2007/debconf7/low/273_Etch_and_12_BOF.ogg