Re: Bugfix/hardware support updates to stable releases?

Le Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 01:45:40AM +0100, Ben Hutchings a écrit :

> Only release-critical bugs are fixed in a stable release.  You can get
> non-critical fixes for some packages by selective use of backports.org.

Actually, I would be happy to hear opinions (in private if you think the
question was trivial) on the follwing bug :

Basically, IBM does not distribute anymore the tarballs supported by
Etch's `java-package', wich means that the package becomes much less
useful on powerpc. Would this kind of problem be enough for a stable
update? My gut feeling is that if in order to use Etch one has to know
how to use backports.net, it is not really Etch anymore...

Have a nice say,

--
Charles Plessy
Wako, Saitama, Japan