Re: Debian Packaging Handbook project

On Aug 19, 2007, at 2:24 AM, Luca Brivio wrote:

Alle mer 15 agosto 2007, martin f krafft ha scritto:
also sprach Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2007.08.10.1746 +0200]:
Martin Krafft and I jointly gave a talk at Debconf about use of distributed version control systems for Debian packages (this is the
 quilt/dpatch/other dimension); I would be happy to help documenting
 that aspect.

And I would be happy to contribute to any Debian Packaging Handbook
effort, though I can't really write much these days. But I am always
up for a chat, live, on IRC, via Email, or on the phone.

Manoj and Martin, thank you. :-)

I also can't write much by myself, just because my knowledge is so little, but I'm willing to contribute by now in several ways to such efforts (ATM, in my
little spare time).

Manoj, please don't hesitate to edit that wiki page (and, at your choice,
create new pages!).

I think this is a terrific idea and would be an excellent compliment to the existing documentation. My father taught English for years so please excuse my rather pedantic editing of the wiki but hopefully that type of editing can help create clarity for new package maintainers and other developers.

I am part of the debian-perl team and will try to bring in specific information regarding perl packages as well, unless people think that specific packaging team information is too specialized for this particular wiki page?

As someone actually interested in documentation and with a bit of free time, I will try to contribute as much as possible.

	Regards,

Jeremiah Foster
jeremiah@jeremiahfoster.com
---
Key fingerprint = 9616 2AD3 3AE0 502C BD75  65ED BDC3 0D44 2F5A E672