Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

Julien BLACHE <jblache <at> debian.org> writes:

> Two bugs:
>  - random crashes while scrolling the playlist
>  - segfault in the ALSA output plugin
>
> That's <http://bugs.debian.org/435557> in case you're interested in
> fixing the pile of crap that is your ALSA output plugin (hey, XMMS'
> one behaves perfectly...).
>
> That bug has been discussed upstream already and I provided the
> requested information already.

Yes, we are indeed aware of your bug, however, after inquiring with the people
responsible for the ALSA plugin, the conclusion we presently have is that we are
unable to reproduce it, so it will take some time before we can come up with a
patch for 1.3 in Debian or even perhaps a release which resolves the issue. But
don't worry, since your bug is indeed valid, it will be fixed in
audacious-plugins-1.3.6; even if I have to do it myself.

I presently do not use ALSA, so I cannot help much there at the moment. If you
are interested in fixing this, please hang around our IRC channel at
irc.atheme.org #audacious, and ask to talk to either Chainsaw or giacomo, who
jointly maintain the plugin. Be sure to identify yourself and note that I
specifically sent you there, because some of our inhabitants who will for the
interest of transparency, remain nameless at this time are capable of being very
rude and abusive -- and would likely be more pleasant if they knew that someone
high up in the project directly requested your presence for debugging.

William