Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> As you don't seem to have understood at all, let me repeat it: XMMS is
> unmaintained. GTK+ 1.2 is unmaintained. Anyone who wants to see xmms
> remain in Debian should take over maintainership for both, including
> upstream maintenance and all that it implies.

As you don't seem to have understood at all, none of the xmms
alternatives are up to par with xmms, with many of them having
usability or stability problems. Anyone who wants to see xmms removed
from Debian should step up and do whatever is required to get at least
one of the alternatives in a somewhat usable shape.

See? It works the other way around too :-)

I really don't see the problem in keeping xmms around until there's a
viable alternative. It's not like it's the last GTK+ 1.2 application
in the archive, and it's most certainly not the least useful of the
lot.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>