Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:36:39PM -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > And a script to implement that in every box I have to install. Again
> > and Again and Again and ....
> >
> > You almost forcing me into maintaining a fork of apt that restores the
> > current behaviour from the very start.
>
> Forking apt and putting a line in a config file seem two quite
> dissimilar levels of work. YMMV I guess.

  You don't even need to edit a configuration file in a script; just drop
a file into /etc/apt/apt.conf.d containing the appropriate configuration
option and apt will include it.

  Daniel