Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

Hello!

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:38:06 +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>>   xserver-video-driver-all | xserver-video-driver-1.0 and each
>> individual xserver-video-driver-foo provides the latter. So it
>> seems either --fix-policy --install-recommends does not what it's
>> supposed to, or apt is not clever enough yet to enable installation
>> of recommends by default.
>
>  If it is, it sounds like a bug in apt indeed, as the Recommends is
>  already satisfied.

AFAIK (and if I'm correct in my analysis) it is, but probably in how
apt-get resolves the dependencies.  I hadn't reported it because I
tried to debug it but I couldn't find the correct debug option.  Thus
reported now as bug #435662 [1].

BTW and FYI, the same bug is also present in aptitude :-(

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: