Re: Non-security updates between stable releases?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 22:40:15 -0700, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 01:13:48AM -0400, Tim Hull wrote:
>> Isn't this why the testing security team was formed, to address situations
>> where there needs to be security fixes for testing like this?  Is it still
>> operational?  If so, I'm just curious if they need help
>
>Sure.  Feel free to fix gcc on mips and mipsel so that it's capable of
>building xulrunner again.

I still kind of fail to see a reason for holding back security fixes
for the mainstream because of obscure failures on doorstep
architectures. If this becomes the norm, then our broad architecture
support becomes one of Debian's main _dis_advantages.

Greetings
Marc