Re: Non-security updates between stable releases?

ciol <ciol13@gmail.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Are you aware of backports.org?

> But backports are recompiled packages from testing, and for instance
> testing is still with iceweasel 2.0.0.3. How is it possible to improve
> this?

If you want to run absolutely bleeding edge code, you have to run
unstable; there's no way around it.  Otherwise, you still have to wait for
testing and stabilization of packages.  In my experience, that solves more
problems than it creates; I run testing on my primary desktop for the
additional stability and run unstable on my other systems so that I can
test.