Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:

> [...]

[...]

> Note that AFAIK, completion never disappeared from the file open dialogs.
> You just have to enable it with a keystroke.

I know that; the shortcut is Ctrl-L. But I wrote "usable completion"
because even after hitting Ctrl-L, the kind of completion you get is
*much* less efficient than that you got for free in the good old days of
GTK+ 1.2. IOW, there is no usable completion in GNOME's current File
Open/Save dialogs (neither in Qt, for that matter :-/).

> Even if not, it is a problem with gimp if it refuses to set menu shortcuts
> if you change gtk-can-change-accels in your config.

OK, it's not GNOME. But I had the impression that the original feature,
which was accessible out-of-the-box, was removed/made inaccessible
*because* of GNOME's concerns about "usability". That is why I brought
this point here.

--
Florent