Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:07:08 +0200, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> said:
>> This reminds me: do you know about /usr/bin/xdg-email (from package
>> xdg-utils)? I don't know if reportbug must get a MUA configured before
>> being able to send reports; if so, xdg-email would be a very good
>> default value. (It checks the configuration settings of the running
>> desktop environment, and launches the configured MUA.)
>
>         Only if /usr/bin/xdg-email  is available; I am not sure that one
>  should make the bug reporting tool depend on something as heavy weight
>  as xdg-utils (this is not something thatis installed on any of my
>  machines.

Too late, rng already depends on it :) But in my opinion it's not really
heavy weight: It's Installed-Size is 260, it consists of just a few
scripts and depends on no other packages.

>         manoj 'all the world is not gnome' srivastava

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org