Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

Carl Fürstenberg wrote:

> The major problem with the current system, is that it requires that
> the reporter has access to a mail server, if they want to use the more
> easier variant by using reportbug script. their other alternative is

This is not true, reportbug can send mails directly to the BTS without
you needing your own mail server.

> to send an email from their webmail

Or, if you prefer a GUI application with out of the box support for most
mail clients, try reportbug-ng. It makes browsing, filtering and filing
bug reports pretty easy. It isn't the web frontend you'd like to see,
but I think it is a good and user friendly alternative.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org