Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:50:15 +0200, Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> said:
>> Or, if you prefer a GUI application with out of the box support for
>> most mail clients, try reportbug-ng.
>
>         My major problem with reportbug-ng was that is is very hard to
>  configure -- at least, I could not get it to use my preferred MUA; it
>  has a limited selection of what it considers acceptable user agents,

Why do you think I consider some mail clients "unacceptable"? In fact I
try to include as much mail clients as possible. I just need to know them.

>  and if you are not using it, then you are out of luck.

That's not true. As I already told you, all you have to do is to send me
a valid call of your mail client where the composer opens with to-,
subject- and body prefilled.

Most mail clients I know support either

  foo-mua mailto:mail@example.com?subject=foosubject&body=foobody

or

  foo-mua -to mail@example.com -subject foosubject -body foobody

Send me the name of your mail client you're missing and a working call
and I'll include it.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org