Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

* 21-07-2007, Steve Langasek

> The scripts in /usr/share/bug/ are *created by the package maintainers to
> collect information they believe should be present in bug reports about
> their packages*.  Asserting that maintainers "have the option" to ask for
> more info is just stupid; the whole point of having
> /usr/share/bug/$package/script is to save a round trip with the submitter,
> and to save the submitter (who may not be very adept at all) the trouble of
> figuring out how to capture this information to a mail by hand.

That's funny. It is in my TODO list to add dropping tainted(P) reports for
linux-image, after i saw many "tainted -- not supported here". Before that
i'm trying to develop skills i need to do so in the right way. I've
accidently found /u/s/bug while doing current project. I've mentioned
this among other advantages former and current Debian members have
developed WRT bugs, while expressing opinion on how linux kernel
currently (mis)dealing with this.

It seem there some more for current leader to do on social ground. Are
there more deep disagreements hidden somewhere in the BTS, hm?
____