Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

I demand that Bastian Venthur may or may not have written...

[snip]
> The most annoying part of our Debian menu is, that it is too complicated.
> The first level with the entries: Apps, Screen, Help, Games and X-Shells is
> pretty useless, and adds unnecessary depth to the menu tree. It would be a
> major improvement if we would move the Apps section to the root of the tree
> and sort the remaining sections (Screen, Help, Games and X-Sheels) *into*
> this section. That would reduce the depth of the menu tree by one, and
> would be a huge improvement of usability.

All five already are at the top level in my customised Xfce menu; for me,
your proposal would increase the depth by one level for all but Apps.

[snip]
| + Generate power using sun, wind, water, nuclear.      FORGET COAL AND OIL.

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at leisure." - Mark Twain