Re: APT 0.7 for sid

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 07:06:44PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Well, that might be just my general pessimism rearing its ugly head :).

>   My impression has been that aptitude wasn't getting very many *new*
> users, but it might just be that aptitude users are a self-sufficient
> bunch and don't email me with questions.  Come to think of it, my sense
> of the number of aptitude users fell off dramatically after I wrote the
> user's manual and put in answers to all the questions I kept getting...

aptitude is priority: important, and while it's not used in the installer or
mentioned in the installation manual (AFAIK), it has been the recommended
upgrade path for two releases now, with its Recommends: handling being a
major reason for this.  I'd be surprised if there weren't at least *some*
users switching to it as a result.