Re: Building packages twice in a row

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Adeodato [utf-8] Simó wrote:

There are different opinions about orig.tar.gz should be equal
to upstream.

In case there is confusion, my original suggestion was to remove the
files from debian/rules ('clean' target), not to remove them from the
orig tarball. I don't think this is a hack, but very standard procedure.

Well, my wording "different opinions about..." was no reference to
your posting and I think I understood you right.  I just used this
careful wording because I often observed that people stick to the
upstream version at any price which I see differently.  So I'm aware
that people do not agree with me to remove *.mo files from orig.tar.gz
but I think it would be OK if it solves other problems.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de