Re: Building packages twice in a row

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:

Sounds like a hack. What do other say?

There are different opinions about orig.tar.gz should be equal
to upstream.  I tend to the opinion that no precompiled stuff
that can be builded by the source has to be in orig.tar.gz and
in such cases I would think about (mind the carful wording -
I do not explicitely suggest it) rebuilding the orig.tar.gz and
remove *.mo files.  I would definitely remove such files if
there would be other stronger reasons to change upstream
tarball.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--