Building packages twice in a row

Hi,

as a QA effort the whole archive was rebuilt yesterday to catch
build-failures, whether a package can be build twice in a row (unpack,
build, clean, build). We found about 400 packages not having a sane
clean target.

To cite
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules

clean

    This must undo any effects that the build and binary targets may
have had, except that it should leave alone any output files created
in the parent directory by a run of a binary target.

We started filing bugs to each effected package with severity important,
those can be found at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org;tag=qa-doublebuild

Building twice is not yet a requirement, but will (hopefully) become
release goal for Lenny.

Greetings
Martin