Re: Building packages twice in a row

Hi all!

On Mit, 16 Mai 2007, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Not always. In some cases (for example, two of my packages) the error
> was to modify a .po file "in place" to update it. The second time

I agree. In texinfo I have the following problem
- upstream ships po/*.gmo
- debian patches patch the .po files to fix some translations
- debian rules touches po/texinfo.pot
- make updates the .gmo files and the rest

Now at a second build time we have changes in the binary .gmo files
which cannot be represented.

What is the preferred solution for such a case?

On Mit, 16 Mai 2007, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Deleting the binary files in the clean target. dpkg-source will complain
> that they're missing, but will build the package just fine.

Sounds like a hack. What do other say?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
OUNDLE (vb.)
To walk along leaning sideways, with one arm hanging limp and dragging
one leg behind the other. Most commonly used by actors in amateur
production of Richard III, or by people carrying a heavy suitcase in
one hand.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff