Re: TaskSel proposal (Was: Proposal for a new CDD sub-project: Debian4Business)

On Thursday 19 April 2007 14:46, Andreas Tille wrote:
> IMHO the best solution would be if tasksel would have a two level
> selection:

I doubt this is going to happen in the in tasksel. For one thing, its
maintainer has quite strong feelings against it.

For another thing, a two-level selection is not that easy to implement
using the debconf protocol; and you _have_ to use the debconf protocol
for integration with the installer.
The only way to implement something two-level currently is the way it was
done for the list of all countries in D-I. Note that the presentation for
that was changed to a collapsible list in the graphical frontend.

However, you _can_ use a custom version of tasksel on your CDD with a
custom set of tasks as I did for Dzongkha Linux. How that is done is
explained here:
http://www.dit.gov.bt/admin/index.php/Main_Page:d-i

Note that support for scanning and swapping multiple CDs during the
installation _is_ a D-I goal for Lenny.

Cheers,
FJP