Re: fakechroot - anyone using it, should I consider hijacking it?

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 00:04 -0400, Mark Eichin wrote:
> I certainly have seen lots of packages build correctly with fakechroot
> as-shipped - and these fixes should significantly raise that number.

The more people that use fakechroot the better, but I suppose the thing
that scares me a little is "heavily repaired", as this implies that
there will be a great many changes. I would expect it to be fairly
difficult to "heavily repair" something without introducing more bugs,
possibly breaking things that worked before (my worry), unless the
program is simple.

A heavily repaired version may be more difficult to maintain in the long
run than many lightly repaired versions that are introduced over time.

So, in short, I want you to fix the thing, but you better not make any
mistakes! :-)

Good luck.