Re: Results for General Resolution: Altering package upload rules

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:13:44 +1100, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> said:

> "cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)" <cobaco@skolelinux.no> writes:
>> On Friday 23 March 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
>> > If it's not counted, why is it counted (i.e. appearing in the
>> > count of votes)?
>>
>> AIUI your confusing 2 different counts:
>> - the count of "# valid votes made"
>> - the count of "# valid votes taken into account", which is only
>>   the last
>> valid vote for every developer.
>>
>> if there's people who changed their vote, only their last vote is
>> counted to determine the outcome of the resolution, but they still
>> made 2 votes (or more if they changed their minds more then once

> Exactly. So, why does the vote result show a number of votes which
> has no relevance to the number of votes that actually affected the
> result?

        I find the count of valid votes received interesting.

> In other words, why is the unqualified "number of votes" in the
> report not the obvious "number of votes that actually affected the
> result"?

        The number of votes we got was 260 -- from 257 developers.  I
 am not sure I understand what all this hullabaloo is all about.

        manoj
--
Flon's Law: There is not now, and never will be, a language in which
it is the least bit difficult to write bad programs.