Re: Results for General Resolution: Altering package upload rules

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> writes:

> On pe, 2007-03-23 at 10:32 +0100, BALLABIO GERARDO wrote:
> > Debian Project Secretary wrote:
> > > At the end of voting, with 313 Ballots resulting in 260 votes from 257
> > developers, "General Resolution: Altering package upload rules" has
> > carried the day.
> >
> > Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how can there
> > be more votes than voters?
>
> As far as I know: multiple votes from the same voter are allowed,
> the latest one received is counted.

That's just it: if what you say is the explanation, then *more than*
"the latest one received" is counted.

If it's not counted, why is it counted (i.e. appearing in the count of
votes)?

--
 \      "Reichel's Law: A body on vacation tends to remain on vacation |
  `\         unless acted upon by an outside force."  -- Carol Reichel |