Re: Results for General Resolution: Altering package upload rules

On Friday 23 March 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> writes:
> > >
> > > developers, "General Resolution: Altering package upload rules" has
> > > carried the day.
> > >
> > > Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how can there
> > > be more votes than voters?
> >
> > As far as I know: multiple votes from the same voter are allowed,
> > the latest one received is counted.
>
> That's just it: if what you say is the explanation, then *more than*
> "the latest one received" is counted.

> If it's not counted, why is it counted (i.e. appearing in the count of
> votes)?

AIUI your confusing 2 different counts:
- the count of "# valid votes made"
- the count of "# valid votes taken into account", which is only the last
  valid vote for every developer.

if there's people who changed their vote, only their last vote is counted to
determine the outcome of the resolution, but they still made 2 votes (or
more if they changed their minds more then once
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)