Re: co-mentor for a GSoC proposal wanted: debbugs web submission

Andreas Tille schrieb:
> IMHO the biggest problem of reportbug is that it is not announced in the
> end of the install process.  I have seen so many (even skilled) Debian
> users who were not aware that there is something like reportbug.  IMHO
> this definitely has to be advertised at at least one of the following
> places:
>
>    1) d-i before reboot.
>    2) When you leave aptitude and other package management tools
>       or in a footline of these tools.
>    3) It is in fortunes-debian-hints, which is great, but there
>       is no recomendation to install fortunes-debian-hints anywhere.

I know this is gonna be flamed down, but I'm feelin' brave today so
let's try it anyway:

     4) put an reportbug-ng icon on the desktop by default on every
        fresh installation

I know this smells like the classic AOL-Button on every Windows-Desktop,
but with our *users* in mind, it might be worth a try -- post-etch of
course and when reportbug-ng is stable enough.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org