Re: co-mentor for a GSoC proposal wanted: debbugs web submission

Le jeudi 15 mars 2007 à 20:10 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:52:24AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> >
> > This is true for the initial report. But you also gain something
> > bugzilla has and reportbug doesn't: you can crawl on the website, find
> > an interesting bug, and direclty add some comments.
> >
> I don't see how this is anything that can't be done (better) currently.

Just try Bugzilla. Really. It has some major issues, but it is also
considerably more advanced than debbugs in several domains.

The simple fact that anyone having submitted a comment to a bug is
automatically added to the CC list for later comments is something that
should be trivial to implement. Instead, we have a bloated and useless
subscription scheme.

Separation between products and components is also something that we
should have given how packages are currently managed. Instead of
products and components, we would talk about teams and packages, but the
concept is the same.

I'm not saying that we should switch to bugzilla - it doesn't fit our
needs. The version tracking in the BTS was also a major breakthrough
that is still unique AFAIK. But the state of denial we are in, saying
that our software can't be improved because it is better than everything
else on all matters, is something that must stop.

--
 .''`.