Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Sunday 11 February 2007 14:22, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > I don't think using the single criteria such as DPL voting is a good,
> > approach.
>
> Now, explain where the problem in my approach is? The worst case that
> can happen to someone who does not vote is that he replies to one
> mail. Its not as if not voting means immediate account deactivation...

Joerg,

I don't think we should target developers who don't vote with a WaT query.

Especially if said developer has been active in other ways; uploading
packages, posting to mailing lists, working in the BTS... or any of the other
metrics measured by mia-query.

By all means I fully support sending an WaT query to a developer who hasn't
been active on the multi-criteria, including not voting.

In some societies, voting IS compulsory.

In Debian voting is NOT compulsory, thus we shouldn't target developers who
don't vote with any sort of request.

That said we should encourage all developers to participate in the vote.

The start of this thread is all about handling of inactive accounts, which I
also fully support.

Not voting is a poor indication of an inactive account, mia-query is a good
indication of an inactive account.

WaT queries should be prepared against a good indication of an inactive
account.

Mark