Re: Etch Software RAID Upgrade Trouble & Suggested Installer Improvements

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 10:07:12AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> It's not always possible on other architectures.  What do you do on a platform
> that supports the BSD disk label and has no type number?
> Are there any platforms other than i386, AMD64, and IA64 that support the
> partition type number?
Not sure.  Is there not some magic number associated with different
partition types?  I don't mean like you find on the standard PC hard
drive partition table.  I mean by looking at the first few bytes of the
partition.  Something similar to looking at the first few bytes of a
file to identify its MIME type.

Roberto C. Sanchez