Re: Downgrading the priority of nfs-utils

Matthias Julius wrote:
> I would guess that most people who install a linux system don't need
> NFS.

Donno. I use it on all my systems, home and otherwise; how else would I
mount file servers...

> And actually, NFS us not required to run Debian.  Do I don't think it
> needs to be in the default installation even if 70% of the users will
> use it. IMHO

I think you've misunderstood the purpose of the default installation.
It's not the bare minimum to make the system work (that's Essential:
yes). It's the standard stuff that everyone expects to be on a UNIX
system, including things like a working c & c++ compiler, etc. 70% of
users using something is, IMO, a very strong argument for it to be
installed by default.

(Remember: installed by default does not mean you have to install it. It
just means if you don't manually select packages, it will be installed).