Re: Downgrading the priority of nfs-utils

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> And I'm not sure that you are right with your majority claim. A lot of
> larger installations use nfs and they quickly add up to a lot of
> systems rivaling the rest of the user base in numbers.

But, I am not sure whether you can count them all as individual
installations as many of those probably get installed on one system
and then copied to another. And they are managed by only a few admins.

I would guess that most people who install a linux system don't need
NFS.

And actually, NFS us not required to run Debian.  Do I don't think it
needs to be in the default installation even if 70% of the users will
use it. IMHO

Matthias