Re: Bug mass filling

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:00:45 -0500, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> said:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:49:01 -0400, Hubert Chan <uhoreg@debian.org>
> said:

>>> where does release criticality jump in here from? Policy has no
>>> mention of RC in this context, I see no reason to suddenly inject
>>> one.

>> Well, I did say that it was a very rough draft. ;)

>> Second try: "... However, this is not a direct mapping, and the
>> release managers determine the severity of each violation."

>         Direct mapping of *WHAT*? are you falling into the assumption
> that serious == RC? Why?

No, the previous sentence (which is what we currently have in policy)
defines a mapping of serious bug <=> "must"/"required" directive
violation, and minor/normal/important bug <=> "should"/"recommended"
directive violation, and wishlist bug <=> "optional".  That's the
mapping that it is referring to.

My understanding is that the release team treats that as an approximate
mapping, and the current wording of policy allows this due to the use of
the word "roughly".

("Mapping" may not be the best word to use in policy.  But like I said,
it's a rough draft.)

--
Hubert Chan <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/