Re: Bug mass filling

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 04:06:05AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Even then, it's only "serious" if it violates the release policy
> > [http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt]. Hence the reason
> > that
>         No. A bug may be serious and yet not RC, as I understand it.

That's not correct. [serious, grave, and critical] are the "release
critical" severities, though some release critical issues won't be
fixed for any given release, due to either being not known about or
understood (ie, not filed at all, or not given the appropriate severity
or attention), or given a specific exemption by the release team
("etch-ignore").

Cheers,
aj