Re: Bug mass filling

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:00:45PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Well, I did say that it was a very rough draft. ;)

> > Second try:
> >   "... However, this is not a direct mapping, and the release
> >   managers determine the severity of each violation."

>         Direct mapping of *WHAT*? are you falling into the assumption
>  that serious == RC? Why?

Because your choice of mapping blurs the distinction between one-time
exceptions for RCness (e.g., due to GRs for DFSG issues), vs. policy
violations that the release team does not believe should be promoted to RC
status at any time in the foreseeable future.  "etch-ignore" is most useful
as a tag if its use is restricted to those bugs whose
*non*-release-criticality is transient in nature -- the alternative is that
the release team is stuck going through the BTS after each release and
re-adding new tags to those bugs about policy violations whose severity does
not justify exclusion from the release.