Re: delay of the full etch freeze

[Charles Plessy]
> The rationale is that the 8th is "old freeze deadline minus 10
> days", so it was not completely unreasonnable to take this day as
> the deadline for having new packages in Etch.

I find this completely unreasonable.  If someone waited that late in
the release process before uploading a package they knew would have to
go through NEW, they can not expect the package to make it into Etch.
New packages should have had at least a few weeks in unstable to allow
problems to be detected before heading for testing.

So I would recommend against moving the freeze deadline to allow
packages in NEW to enter.

Besides, there is like 18000 binary packages in Etch already.  It is
not like we are short on packages in the next release. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen